Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Kairos

I attended a retreat at my high school in March of 1999. It was no coincidence that this retreat took place one month after I gave my life to Christ. The retreat was called Kairos.  Kairos means time or season.

This was a very important 'time' in my life. It was time God set aside to be with me. It was the first time I heard God's voice plainly. He told me that I didn't need to seek others to teach me how to follow Him. He said I just needed time with Him and He would teach me.

At this retreat, I learned to be still and listen to His voice. I learned how to pray... really pray. To become transparent to Him. I learned how to pour myself out and allow Him to fill me. I learned how to be transparent to others in order to lead them to the King. This was an important time of my life.

Kairos.

God's time.

It makes me think of a honeymoon. A honeymoon is a private and personal time just for a husband and wife. Kairos. God's time. It's a private and personal time just for you and God. Even though the honeymoon is private and personal, the joy shows on your face.

God still wants that time with us. Time for just the two of you. A time to be personal and transparent. A time to hear Him and know Him. A time just for you.

It is during that time that we grow to love Him and know Him more. He reveals Himself to us. It is in the personal time that we learn the most about our awesome Father. We fall more and more in love with Him. The more time we spend with Him, the more we desire to be with Him.

I am not saying that we don't need to fellowship with other believers. I'm saying that along with going to church, we need to make time to be with God one on One. It is a gift that many leave unopened. It sits on the shelf or in the closet. We take it out once in a while and long to open it, but feel bad because we haven't received it as much as we thought we should. Don't feel bad. God is waiting. He WANTS to spent that time with you. That's why He gave it to you.

My prayer is that I would recognize the invitations for these times. That I would accept the invitation every time. And that the joy of this time would show on my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment